Surprize Pregnancy Blog

Yep, we were shocked. Please check out my pregnancy blog at http://redgrapefruitsegments.blogspot.com/

Thursday, December 03, 2009

uncomfortable

One of the things that I dislike about having a flexible work schedule, is that it falls to me to wait on repairmen, installers and any other workers that need to come to the house.

It is a very uncomfortable situation for me. And now I'll tell you why:
  1. Chris is very precise about things that he wants done. He will tell me what he wants done and then I have to relay those things to the person doing the work. It puts me in the middle and I hate that! I always forget something and then when I'm supposed to report back to Chris, he always wants all of the details that I couldn't care less about. It is frustrating.
  2. Then when they show up and start to work, what am I supposed to do? Do I stay by them in case they need to ask me something? If I do that, then I feel like a dork watching them work, like I'm waiting for them to mess up or something. Do I go about my business? Then I'm always wondering what they are doing and how long it's going to take. Then they have to track me down to ask me questions. If that happens, I'm always either watching television, where I feel like I'm being lazy while they are working or I'm putting on makeup or folding laundry, which is kind of a private thing in my mind. Then I feel kind of embarrassed.
  3. Then there is the issue of a stranger in my house. A STRANGER in my HOUSE. I'm always wary and on edge. What if they try to kidnap me or something. Did the company do background checks on these people. Am I in the room with a serial killer or a theif? Are they staking out my house to come back later and steal my stuff? Are they eyeballing thatdigital frame that is sitting on the mantle? Are they focussing a little bit too much on the photos of my kids?

Can you tell that I'm waiting for the cable guy right now? My stomach hurts.

2 comments:

Kim said...

OK you are cracking me up. But, I do see where you are coming from. Just keep your cell phone in your pocket at all times. =)

Unknown said...

Number Three is why I was always glad I had Sumo! The furnace repairman wouldn't even come up from the basement with all 130 lbs of Sumo standing at the top of the stairs looking down at him. He just hollered "I'm done!" and left. Ha!