Surprize Pregnancy Blog

Yep, we were shocked. Please check out my pregnancy blog at http://redgrapefruitsegments.blogspot.com/

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Growing our home

I have mentioned off and on over here about how we are out growing our house. I felt this way last year, feeling really hemmed into our small house without anywhere else to really go.

We have had some different architects and contrators out to the house to give us opinions on adding on a couple of bedrooms and a new bathroom. Each company tried to talk us out of any remodel. Telling us that we should just move instead. At those points in time, new construction was huge in our area and no one really wanted to take the time to hear us out.

A couple of months ago, I sent out an email to manufactured home companies seeing if they did room additions. Only one would consider it, but when he came out to the house he was really optimistic about what we were wanting to do. He drew up a rough plan, ran it by the city and got the general go ahead.

Then we got the bid. It sounded ok to me, but I had to run it by a friend of mine whose parent's own a construction company. They were floored at the price. And then, they said that they were interested in bidding for it as well!

This week they are sending out people to give their opinions on our existinga/c compressor, gas furnace, water heater, etc. I'm wondering if this could really be it. If things go well with the bid and refinancing, they could start in a couple of weeks.

2 comments:

KrayonKel said...

coolness! I'm so excited for you!

I watched SEVERAL home improvement shows this weekend. I'm soooo ready to do some remodeling!

Too bad I'm in an apartment... ;)

writex3 said...

How exciting!! Isn't it amazing/dreadful how much construction costs have gone up over the past couple of years?