I was invited to do an email recipe swap from Karen Beth and I thought that I'd share the recipe that I sent. I made this last week and then twice this week so far! I'm going to change some of the amounts and times that worked for me. I added in more flour because I don't like a drippy pie and I had to add on 5 minutes of baking time in my oven. The author of this said that she didn't really like the looks of the pie, but I found it to be rustic looking which I love.
Peach Custard Pie III
Submitted by: Marjorie Koriakin
Rated: 4 out of 5 by 4 members Yields: 8 servings
1 (9 inch) pie shell
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons brown sugar
5 large fresh peaches -
peeled, pitted and sliced
1 1/2 cups evaporated milk 1 egg, beaten
2/3 cup white sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. In a small bowl, mix together 4 tablespoons flour and brown sugar. Sprinkle mixture into bottom of pastry-lined pie pan. Arrange peaches on top of mixture.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together evaporated milk and egg. Pour mixture over peaches.
4. In a medium bowl, mix together white sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Sprinkle mixture over top of peaches.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes, until a knife inserted 1 inch from edge comes out clean.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2007 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com 9/10/2007