Surprize Pregnancy Blog

Yep, we were shocked. Please check out my pregnancy blog at http://redgrapefruitsegments.blogspot.com/

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Something Good

Do you all remember that song from Sound of Music?

Cause somewhere in my youth
or childhood,
I must have done something good


Case in point. Yesterday and today I have received some absolutely amazing emails from women that I am so fortunate to have as friends.

Here is the first from my almost-sis-in-law:

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Thank you for being such a wonderful person. Thank you for always listening, without judgement. Thank you for being there when I need someone. Thank you for having great advice, that always makes complete sense. Thank you for letting me cry, for helping me laugh at myself, and most importantly, let me be me.

It has never been easy for me to open up and live my life in front of others without my "mask". Thank you for being who you are, that makes me feel so comfortable, that I can open up to you, be me, and still be cared about.

I admire you. I love you. I appreciate you.

Thank you for being you.



And then today, here is part of an email from the gal we all know and love, our Smarty pants Miss Kelly from Painting With Words

Also, I left a little message about how grateful I am for your friendship and how you found me.
I love all your friends, and the little blog community that I have that is growing.
You are a special lady, Ms. Karianne!
Thanks for everything!
As my students say...
"You RAWK my face off!"


Along with the little cards and gifts, most recently from sinceAlison I won her latest contest. I also have some plans in the works to actually face to face meet Melissa! How rich am I? You guys mean the world to me. I never knew that a blog could add so much to my life and be such an important facet of my social life. Being a human is difficult for me on any given day with all that it entails. You all make me look forward to getting up in the morning.

The silver lining to losing my dad has been finding you women. You have helped me so much. When I miss him like I have been lately, you guys are where I turn first for support. I don't know how I could have made it this far without you. And I mean, ALL of you.

All of my love and appreciation, still wondering how I"m so lucky,

K

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're going to meet Melissa??? WAHHHHHHHH! I am so jealous! I would love to meet the two of you so much!!!!! I'll totally be there in spirit!!!


Hey, you are a great friend. Those words are true and you deserve them. *HUGS*

Melissa said...

I will be so totally nervous to meet you in person...you know the typical "first date" worries: does my hair look ok?, am I talking too fast? Is there a booger in my nose? HAHAHAHA

Seriously, I'm thrilled that we live close enough to make this a possibility. It seems like we have so much in common..what a gift!

I'm soaking up all your goodness and living vicariously through it all. You are so deserving of the positives! I have a little file (labelled the "happy file") and it contains special notes and cards I've received from all different people over the years. It's so nice to revisit the good stuff and remember again, that you are special and loved.

KrayonKel said...

Geez, woman! If I knew my note was going to be published, I would have added broken out my thesaurus and added a zillion other things! :D

Seriously, so often you make me smile. I love your words, your authenticity, your adorable kids... And I haven't even met you! :) I love that community can be built miles away. You are terrific (and so are all your friends)! Yay!

And thanks for always making me feel special too!

3 Beauties said...

You are correct that friends help you through all the "stuff" that makes up life. Thanks for the encouragement you have given me! And I'll keep my chin up if you do!