Surprize Pregnancy Blog

Yep, we were shocked. Please check out my pregnancy blog at http://redgrapefruitsegments.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

10 On Tuesday - Favorite Movies to Quote - NOT

I totally suck at quoting anything besides myself, so I'm going to list 10 Movies that I Own and Love to Watch:

Not in any particular order:

1. Serendipity - I love this movie and try to live my life like this. And I crack up watching JC play that lute thing in his video. Plus the winter theme. Coats and a chance meeting over a pair of gloves. Oh, I'm in love!

2. Under the Tuscan Sun - I actually liked both the movie and the book and the audio book although the movie and the book are so different. Maybe that is why it works. Plus the cameo by Christopher from Gilmore Girls at the end.

3. Little Women - What a cozy movie. I love the snow and the sisterhood.

4. Frida - The random images in this movie and the way I watch it, I could watch it without the sound. I also think that I may have some sort of subconscious Alfred Molina crush.

5. Amelie - Subtitles and the cuteness of AT. And the concept of a do-gooder. And when the delivery boy is making fun of his boss. What not to love?

6. Chocolat - Scary Johnny Depp. The only thing that I don't care for in this movie is Carrie Ann Moss. Not that I don't like her, but how DARE SHE have my Name!! I can't watch Dancing with the Stars because that other Carrie Ann pisses me off so much. At least they don't spell it like I do.

7. You've Got Mail/Sleepless in Seattle- Aren't these the same movie? Only MR has short hair in one and long hair in the other. Another season movie with winter and fall. Love it.

8. Rent - I could have a full blog about this movie. I want to be Mimi AND Angel. I want to be Angel and have her be my BFF. Detective Green singing, "Live in my house" What a perfect cry it all out, I love my life movie. A rock opera. I want to be in a rock opera. I am so watching this today. We have the soundtrack and Ivy sings the songs along with the bad words. I'm such a bad mom, but at least we have style. I listed this one on my favorite #, since it is my fave movie. I only wish that I could have watched it on Broadway. And have you heard the background story about the writer? Life following Art. To quote KB, "Le sigh"

9. Joseph and The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat - I haven't watched this movie in over 4 years. This is my movie that I watch when I have had such a horrible day that I can only handle Chinese food and my bed. This is the movie where Chris walks in, sees what is on the tv and says, "Oh, shit. Bad day, huh?" I do not talk during this movie.

10. Moulin Rouge - Another image and song movie. JL is my favorite! Their rendition of Roxanne. The life of a courtesan with TB, I think. I'm making myself want a movie fest.

Bonuses:

Mists of Avalon - Another case of loving both the miniseries and the book. JM was my fave actor on ER and does a wonderful job as Morgaine. And crazy JA does such a perfect job as her ultra crazy aunt.

The Story of Us - I almost have to take a tranq to watch this rollercoaster of emotions. But at times, it is worth it. I own the movie, but I've only watched it probably 3 times cause it is too much to take in.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - Another book/movie success. A movie that I can kind of watch with the kids until the troll comes.

3 comments:

Recy Vintage & Creations said...

Have you ever seen My House in Umbria? I like it a LOT more than Tuscan Sun. It is also set in Italy but the storyline is so moving. Really great movie.

And, as you know, Amelie is one of my favorites too. Oh la la!

I also love Chocolat. I need to see that one again, now that you've mentioned it. Such a great movie!

Mary said...

On your 1-10, I loved them all except 5 and 9, only because I didn't see them. I've been wanting to see 5... I'll add it to netflix. :D 1 and 6 are a couple of my favs too!

Unknown said...

You know, I had never even heard of Rent until a few years ago when a guy I was dating came upon two front-row tickets to a performance at the local university.

It was absolutely wonderful. I am afraid to watch the movie because I'm afraid it won't be as good.

(I love the movie Amelie!)