Surprize Pregnancy Blog

Yep, we were shocked. Please check out my pregnancy blog at http://redgrapefruitsegments.blogspot.com/

Friday, March 09, 2007

Friday Finisher

Bec is sick and I think that Ivy is getting it. Fevers all around. How can I only want to be here with these sick kids? Life is odd. Chris finished his probation period at work and is out for drinks with his coworkers. I wish that I was there too. The Cougs are playing and I'm sorry, but I'm not too hopeful about tonight ending with a win.

My brother is sick. My sister is coming into a heartache with the CBA season ending and I'm sad for her. I want to go to the doc with my brother on Monday and say, "He is grieving." as I know that he won't. Why can't males see the big picture? My brother just says, "I don't feel well." No shit.

We are out of debt now, excluding Chris' car and the mortgage. It only took forever to dig our way out.

I want new floors like my mom and my sis. I'm getting a perm tomorrow. I need to pay Ivy's dance bill.

The kids are asleep. They have just been angels. I asked Ivy who her best friend was tonight. Her answer? "Becken" I reeled. I knew that when we had him, that he was the absolute best thing for her.

I've been into a Nora Roberts trilogy mode. I've never read her before. With her book, I walked 4 miles today. Maybe I'm on the Nora Roberts exercise plan. Good thing, because she has so many books to go through. This last one took my through 8 miles. And that was only book 1 of 3.

I love rambling, dark of night posts like this. Chris is bringing home oysters from the restaurant for me. I really hope that he doesn't forget and I really hope that he doesn't let them get cold and gross. I think that I might be iron deficient because this si the 3rd time I've had oysters this week. Along with spinach salad twice.

How can I be so sad and happy all at once? Life is great until I remember that my dad is dead. Really dead. NO joking dead. I miss him. I texted my brother this last night. He texted back, "I'm missing dad hella" True. isn't it funny how guys can open up through texting and emails, compared to face to face? What a clue to learn early on.

There are times that I think that we won't ever get better. But I'm tired. That has alot to do with everything. I had a great dream last night but I can't remember it today. But I do remember the comfort of it. I guess that the reality is that some things cannot get better. Some things just are, even if they are shit.

Let's all hope for a great weekend. Thanks for listening guys.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Death has a way of disassembling a persons life doesn't it? Long after they are gone, we are still here dealing with the the stages of grief... only they don't seem to come in any certain order, sometimes repeating some of the stages...

I know I was mad at my dad for dying, for a while. How does that make sense? He had cancer, he couldn't help it... maybe it was all of the unresolved stuff.

I know my husband felt the same when his dad died, he didn't have the best relationship with his dad.

I hope you feel better knowing that you aren't nuts, death does put a crimp in ones day, LOL! I hope you and your family feel a little bit better day by day, and remember you are not alone. He is always there for you.

KrayonKel said...

Aww. That was a sweet thing Ivy said.

I hope all in your household soon gets better. :)

Courtney said...

Hello! thanks for the visit.. and yes, I do love rambling late night posts - they are good for getting all sorts of stuff out.

I am dealing with the loss of my dad too. Sucks, doesn't it? It is nice to have the internet to vent to and to turn to for support.

Big hugs.

Anonymous said...

Aren't siblings the most wonderful gifts to each other?!
MP