Surprize Pregnancy Blog

Yep, we were shocked. Please check out my pregnancy blog at http://redgrapefruitsegments.blogspot.com/

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Peggy's Tag Page




I am finally able to catch up on some things that I finished before the holidays. And writing about Peggy's Page is one of those things that I couldn't wait to put my energy towards.

Peggy's book is in a tag form and is beautiful. I've never worked in this format before and I was excited. Her theme is "Destinations" which totally threw me, as I have said before, I'm not a traveling gal, and I didn't want to do any Inner Journey things.

Beginning this entry was daunting. I normally will think for the first part of the month about what I'm going to try to accomplish in my work. With Peggy's journal, this was not the case. I couldn't think of anything. I had no plan. I would think about it and come up with nothing. That was scary.

Then Joany came home from India and helped me out once again. She invited me over to work on the journal together after I told her the troubles I was having. So, one morning I headed over, still without any idea. When I started going through of the scrap boxes of paper, I found some patterns and colors that I liked. And the page created itself.

For the first time I used silver metallic tape and silver metallic ink. Using Joany's key stamp that I have coveted for a long while, I used this to convey a journey along with a piece of map sandwhiched between matboard and a clear patterned sage green piece. For the back I found a quote once I came home and then pieced the edges with clear tape in certain areas.

This was my first spontaneous piece in this project and it turned out better than I could have planned. As a side note, as Joany was checking out my work, she mentioned that all of the papers that I chose were from her "Muse" entry. Funny huh?

1 comment:

Mary said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. Crafts is my #2 favorite thing to do , after blogging of course!

BTW, you're IT!
http://almostsomewhatpositive.blogspot.com/2006/12/im-it.html