Surprize Pregnancy Blog

Yep, we were shocked. Please check out my pregnancy blog at http://redgrapefruitsegments.blogspot.com/

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Quotes from "DIRT"

Finished a book of essays titled, "Dirt" this past week. And I really enjoyed it. Here are some of the quotes that I marked while reading.

"Do I need all this to tell me who I am?"

"And how this act of disposing of his father's ties made Auster understand, even more than the burial ceremony, "that my father was dead."

"What do I remember? That there are three boxes in the middle ear- the malleus (hammer), incus (anvil), and stapes (stirrup) that form a chain. The stapes transmits vibrations of the eardrum to the cochlea. It is 5 mm long and is smaller than a grain of rice. The body's smallest muscle, the stapedius, pulls on the stapes, the smallest bone."

"I can still wear a few of those little skirts,too, but I'm not sure I want to. I'm growing less interested in being attractive than in being comfortable."

1 comment:

KrayonKel said...

Amen to the last one.