- today is the anniversary of my dad's death. it's been three years and he's still dead. and it still really really hurts.
- henry has shots tomorrow. that is one of the worst parts of being a mom. i will have to take a tranquilizer. whenever i have to make my kids do something good for them, i feel guilty. isn't that weird? i am dreading tomorrow with a passion. and then i start to think about how lucky we are to live in a time and a culture that have immunizations and i feel guilty about stressing out about a few pokes. what is that compared to them really getting seriously sick. to all of the moms that have lost their children to these diseases, i'm sorry for being such a wuss.
- im sort of working on my taxes. i should be seriously working on my taxes. bleh
- i have a headache that feels like a blindfold around my eyes.
- i have to switch birth control pills. i have been on them for exactly one month and have had a month of hell with night sweats. i guess each brand of pill has their own ratio of progesteron and estrogen and this pill's proges. is wreaking havoc on me. when i went to pick up the replacement brand, it was going to cost $67 for the month unless i had prior authorization through the insur. company. So, i will have to put up with the misery of night sweats for another week.
- Chris and i are heading to a marriage retreat in a couple of weeks for 3 days and 2 nights. I want to go and I don't want to go. It won't be an Orlando vacations, but it will be getting away. We haven't been exactly smooth lately, so it would be a help. but how can I leave henry with a sitter for that length of time? he isn't even 3 months old! what has happened to me?
- speaking of henry, he is THE BEST BABY EVER. and i know babies, ok? i will never know how chris and i lucked out with that one. maybe I'll be singing a different tune in his teen years.
- I told a lie today. And as I'm thinking about it tonight, I would do it again.
- I am astounded that Bec has strep throat. My mom got it last week and out of all of my kids, he spends the least amount of time with her. Germs are funny things.
- I've been reading again. I've missed it. But now I'm not watching Food Network. My cooking inspiration is suffering greatly.
- I'm in love with Geoff on Ace of Cakes. I hate Bobby Flay, but I have a huge crush on Bobby Flay. Go figure.
Monday, February 16, 2009
So many times during the day, I just want to sit down and write out the random things in my head. All of the little and big things that I want to blog about. And then when I finally get to sit in front of the keyboard, they just vanish into the air. Tonight I'm sitting down to write whatever comes to mind. Hopefully that will sift out a bunch of the rambling that is going on in there.
at 10:43 PM