This has been on my to do list for a while now, after KB sent it my way. Reading the responses from the rest of you guys, I think that I'm in the minority on quite a bit of these...
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Um, do shopping bags count? I freaking despise wrapping. Chris on the other hand could have a doctorate in it, along with my mom!
2. Real tree or Artificial?
Artificial. This year is the first year that Chris gave in to my whining about trees. Real trees TERRIFY me. Since we had Ivy, I don't think that I slept from worry about our tree. I was so scared that the lights would catch us on fire and burn us up. I was so diligent about the water, but as a result of my anxiety, I wouldn't ever turn on the lights. It really took away from the experience.
3. When do you put up the tree?
Normally, on Chris' birthday which is the first of Dec.
4. When do you take the tree down?
The day after Christmas or at least by the weekend. By that time I am so done with Christmas I'm ready to put it all away for another year.
5. Do you like eggnog?
I love it. It is my fave holiday drink ever!
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
A real children's typewriter that worked! It was red.
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes and I want to start a collection as I love that part of Christmas. My mom would read me the story when I was in preschool and up. I still remember the opening.
I have a funny story about out current Nativity scene. I'm asking for a different one for Christmas.
8. Hardest person to buy for?
My step dad hands down.
9. Easiest person to buy for?
Myself! I make out like a bandit due to my own shopping!
10. Mail or E-Mail Christmas Cards?
Both because my family and clients are so big in number.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Huge earrings from Mexico from my ex-mom in law. You have no idea.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Charlie Brown's Christmas.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I shop all through the year. I give donations to Bec's orphanage each month to make up the majority of the shopping.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Heck Yes! Why should it take up space in my house when someone else would really enjoy it? Especially stuff that was bought for the kids without much thought. I usually keep the unused ones then regift to the appropriat age group during the year for birthdays. And I feel no guilt about this.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Pretty much everything. this year, chocolate covered potato chips!
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
Either, I kind of don't care.
17. Favorite Christmas song?
Do you hear what I hear? or Silver Bells.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
I couldn't even imagine being away at christmas.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeers?
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Either. Star at this time.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas morning, noon and night and Christmas Eve at the inlaws.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
The expectations! So unrealistic.
23. Favorite ornament theme or Color?
I love the retro, metallic stuff. Country stuff too. Actually, I kind of don't care. I like a hodgepodge. Theme trees kind of freak me out unless they are a WSU Coug tree that I've been asking for.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Cranberry jelly is great. Stuffing too. But I like prime rib instead of turkey.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
I have asked Chris for a specific jewelry box that reminds me of the jewelry box my dad gave to my mom. A nativity scene(s) at Hallmark. and Guitar Hero from my parents. We'll see on that last one, it seems that Chris, my mom, and step dad have formed alliances against me. F-ers. I know that my sis bought my class ring which will be my highlight this year fo sho!