Surprize Pregnancy Blog

Yep, we were shocked. Please check out my pregnancy blog at http://redgrapefruitsegments.blogspot.com/

Thursday, September 13, 2007

A Float for Today

Last night my spa partner and I had a late dessert. She is going through stuff. I'm going through stuff. Lots of tears but face to face tears that help you take turns with your own issues.

I tried to reschedule my day but it didn't work out. So, I put on my big girl panties and went to work. Put on my makeup like combat paint and stepped into my life. My friend brought my a rootbeer float in between my appointments. My crown also fell out, so now I have a huge gap on the right side when I smile. Whatever.

But I had a thought. Just because I feel like there is a hole the size of a cannon ball through me, doesn't mean that I need to hide myself away. People still work. People still have a life. And they can still have treats with a huge wound in their soul. And it still hurts like hell. There are some things that you don't get over. Things that don't get better. I've never encountered this before. Being broken doesn't mean you should be ashamed.

I found this poem from beliefnet that is helping me .

Love Is Stronger Than Death


Love is stronger than death.
So I must be content to know that
love is not affected by death--
it doesn't end, it doesn't diminish,
it doesn't change.
Instead, love is immortalized
and eternalized through death.
And the possibility of that love ever
being damaged or broken
is eliminated forever.
I'll put my trust in love.


- Mary Hollingsworth

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the frustrating part. Your life is in turmoil and the world just keeps going on. The sun still rises and sets. "The sun never stops for my broken heart" is always what comes to mind for me. In a way it's annoying, but on the other hand, it motivates me to get up and get on with life instead of living on hold.

3 Beauties said...

"Stop the world, I wanna get off" has been my motto lately. When I find the stop button, I will let definately let you know. But until then, keep trudging but know that I'll be thinking of you. (and trudging with you....) It will be better someday, somehow.

Anonymous said...

Sunday hugs.
mp