Surprize Pregnancy Blog

Yep, we were shocked. Please check out my pregnancy blog at http://redgrapefruitsegments.blogspot.com/

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Saturday Night Sewing & Pics

First of all, I had a heart attack today. My sis and I were driving a few towns away to go to Tee's Mom's Funeral. My sis got a cell call from my sitter, bawling hysterically saying that she couldn't find Ivy. My sister about got in a freaking wreck on the freeway trying to turn around to get us back home. I was calm but really shaking while I called all of our neighbors, Chris on the golf course, my brother and my step dad. My sitter called my mom and she was there at my house in record time. My sitter told Ivy that she was going to use the bathroom and when she came out, Ivy was no where to be found. My sitter ran through the house bawling and screaming her name. Right before my mom got there, she saw tiny toes under a pile of blankets behind a chair. Ivy had hid from her under the blankets and then had fallen asleep. When they let us know, I still went to the funeral and Chris finished his golf. I just wasn't that freaked out. But my poor sis and step dad and mom. My brother said that me and my sis need to start whooping our kids as her youngest has hid from us twice, to the point of calling the cops. But all turned out just fine.

The funeral was hard, but we made it through. You guys, I swear that my tattoo is helping me this year. I feel so much better having it!

Ivy took a super late nap from all of the excitement and I'm now up at 1:00 having a tea party with a 3 year old. Ah, the clubbing days are really over.

Here are pics of her pillowcase dresses that I made tonight. I think that I could also make them shorter for peasant tops. They turned out adorable. Especially since the cases were 99 cents and the ribbon was 3.95! The ribbon is a really sweet green with pink flowers.

First one. Demo dress. Can you see the cute heart embroidery along the bottom hem?



Starting 2nd pillowcase with intitial cut



Front view


Side view




Rear View

8 comments:

Recy Vintage & Creations said...

Er.... could I go ahead and put in an order for a cute pillowcase peasant top? ;) Those look adorable!

And... tsk tsk to Ivy for hiding from you all. Wow! That had to have been harrowing! I'm so glad she is safe and was just sleeping under blankets!

xo,

Karen Beth :)

Anonymous said...

Sooper-dooper cute! I'm sure glad you found her again (-:
mp

shelly said...

really cute dresses....very creative

Unknown said...

I wish I could sew.

The best I do is slip-stitching holes in my hubby's shirts, or sewing a button back on a pair of pants. :)

Anonymous said...

Eek! Ivy must have a good sense of humor, but be really tired! I would have had a heart attack. (I did the other day when W was hiding in the bathtub with the shower curtain drawn). I'm so glad you found her!

That dress is adorable! You're really talented and creative! Love it!

Alexy said...

I made these for Regen and I love them. Ivy looks so cute. Our little ones can really scare us at times, but we love them anyway!!

KrayonKel said...

She looks like a little Strawberry Shortcake. :)

alisonwonderland said...

well done on the dresses! (i wonder if i could do that ...) Ivy is such a cutie!