Surprize Pregnancy Blog

Yep, we were shocked. Please check out my pregnancy blog at http://redgrapefruitsegments.blogspot.com/

Friday, June 15, 2007

Recycling Maybe & I got hit on!

Yep, you read right, kind of. I guess that I didn't get hit on, but I surely got checked out big time today at Costco. And how sad is that that I didn't really realize what was going on at first, but then I caught on and had a great day afterwards. And the checker outer was CUTE!! Tall, dark, and cute and young! Made my day. I had to call my sister and tell the details when I got to the parking lot.

When I went to Goodwill the other day and bought that *new* apron, I was so saddened by the huge amount of fabric/items that were there. Excess just makes me sick, to a certain degree and it got me thinking. I'm not the world's best seamstress, but I can do a basic project. I was thinking about all of the really cool pillow cases that I saw made with funky/vintage fabrics. So, today I went and bought some, for .99 cents each and I think that I'm going to make Ivy some pillowcase dresses, maybe some for gifts and possibly some aprons. I also found patterns online for pillowcase purses and dolls and skirts.

Now, I'm really great at starting things, but not so great at follow through, so I'll keep you updated.

I also bought a queen sized handmade quilt that is pretty much falling apart. At some point, I may take it apart and make aprons out of it as well. I washed and dried it and now I'm sitting here snuggled in it. It kind of creeps me out, but I don't know why. For goodness sakes, I buy clothes at Goodwill, wash them and wear them, why would a quilt be any different? But for some reason, it makes me sad too. I look at all of the work that someone put into this, and now I purchase it at Goodwill for 9 bucks. It doesn't seem right. It is warm and pretty and I wonder about the stories of each little fabric square. At least it will provide me with imaginative pathways until it goes under the knife.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Hey! I hear you about getting hit on..feels good huh? lol.. sad but true. Especially when they're younger and cute!!!!

Hey, you're making me want one of those pretty hip aprons! And I don't wear them, but you're making me want one! Maybe I need to take a trip to GoodWill and see if I can't find a cute one for myself, lol!

Kudos to you for the sewing and recycling.. I think it's a great idea.

Hugs!
Cath

writex3 said...

Hey, let me know when you start taking orders for aprons and pillowcase dresses. Seriously. You could start an online WAHM business here. I'd join you as a partner, but turns out I can't sew a stitch. Which is why I want you to take orders...

Recy Vintage & Creations said...

I love the linens section at Goodwill! The apron sounds really cute. Will you be posting a picture? Actually, I've never been to a Goodwill that has really nice and cute pillowcases - not like the ones you used in Ivy's dress. I'm glad you are able to find them! Neat projects!!!