Surprize Pregnancy Blog

Yep, we were shocked. Please check out my pregnancy blog at http://redgrapefruitsegments.blogspot.com/

Monday, May 21, 2007

Inspiring

A blog that I am in love with, although it causes me huge feelings of jealousy is the wish studio. Today her post was titled Inspiring and could become a meme, although it isn't. Here is what it is all about. She took some senses and such and then filled in her inspirations with each. And now I'm going to try to do the same. The link above will take you to her list. Please write your own list and then let me know so I can come check it out!

smelling - It is so windy here today but recently our roses have begun to bloom, especially my purple super fragrant one. Smelling roses on the wind is a new sensation for me that I experienced this afternoon. Not too strong or direct, just a hint of rose that I can feel all around me. Luscious.

reading - Something titled, Women's Journeys Alone, or something of that sort. Small stories of women who headed out on their own to explore the world as travelers. The places they go are stunning and almost unimagined to me. My mind just goes on and on with new images.

listening - In the car I am listening to The Quilter's Legacy by Jennifer Chiaverini. The woman reading it has such a wonderful voice. It is about a woman who is traveling and searching to find her mother's long sold quilts. It is also a retrospective about her mom and how the quilts came to be, beginning in the early 1900s. I find myself coming up with places to go so I can listen some more. And since the writing is pretty PG, I can listen when the kids are in the car as well.

going
- Next week Miss Ivy is having her very first ever dance recital at a historic theatre in our town. I'm not looking forward to getting her ready, but I'm so looking forward to sitting in the theatre seats and watching a show. I haven't been there since before Ivy was born when we ended up with free symphony tickets.

exploring - I'm exploring my schedule and the flexibility it can allow in all areas of my life. Where can I give more, where should I be giving less? What is taking my attentions and is it deserving of my time spent? To think of every 24 hours as time well spent is overwhelming although I'm comfortable saying that I have at least 12 of those hours as perfection.

creating - I have mentioned before that I am part of a group of artists that are doing a visual journal project. Lately, I have been spending an extreme amount of creative time in my own personal journal and I'm loving the things that are evolving. Not created for anyone else but myself. I'm being selfish and I'm very happy about it.

learning - Taking the Artist's Way class is showing me how online learning can work. The actual book is having me go deep into my past and subconscious and realizing where some of my values have come from. And then the interactions with my other classmates is eye opening and such a wealth of experience. They share poems and how their assignments are goin and how they affect them. I'm loving it, but I don't think that I'm as involved as I could be.

2 comments:

Recy Vintage & Creations said...

Hello... I just found your blog today and love that you enjoy self-exploration so much. I do too and love to know those that do as well.

I love this post of yours, especially the part about your journaling....

"Lately, I have been spending an extreme amount of creative time in my own personal journal and I'm loving the things that are evolving. Not created for anyone else but myself. I'm being selfish and I'm very happy about it...."

I can identify with this. I have also been spending a lot of time in my journal lately and feeling very close to it, almost like it is a security blanket or a great masterpiece that I'm working on. It is great though as I really feel that a lot of great things are flowing forth. What better place, right?

Great blog! I'm so glad to have found it. :)

Namaste,

Karen Beth
aka. Zazazu :)
http://zazazu.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

What a great meme.
I closed my eyes and imagined smelling the scent of roses in the breeze. I'll have to check that story out,sounds very interesting.