Surprize Pregnancy Blog

Yep, we were shocked. Please check out my pregnancy blog at http://redgrapefruitsegments.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Root Canal and Funeral News

It was so weird having a root canal. I really didn't know what to expect, took a tranquilizer before I went, and really had an experience. She used some type of fume thing to kill the nerve and I can still taste it. My face bones hurt but my tooth is much better. I could still feel her around the nerve, without pain, and I kept thinking about that guy that had to cut off his arm when he was trapped in a cave. He said that it was tolerable chopping off his arm with a rock until he got to the nerve. UCKY!!

Since my root canal was an emergency appt. they got me in right at the same time as M's funeral. My sister was able to go and she called last night and we talked about it and I'm so glad she went! I feel tons better. The funeral was from 11-2, lasting so long because people got up to talk, then would burst into song, praising the Lord! One of M's 4 sisters got up and said, "According to the program, I'm supposed to sing, (a certain song). But I'm bouts to bring some CHURCH up in here!!" I was cracking up!

I don't know if I mentioned that M's family is totally into church and always have been. People of huge faith. Well, both of his parents got up to speak and were so at peace. They said that it was so hard to watch him struggle and be in pain. That they were always worried about him. And now they aren't. They know he is safe. They aren't worried any more. It was such a neat perspective.

When Mama got up to talk, she didn't pull any punches. She said, "Now I know a lot of you are having the same troubles that M had. And now you have a choice. You boys are 34, 35 and even older. It's time to give it up. You aren't in high school any more. You are men. Think about M. Don't let this happen to you."

They also said that for the past 2 months that M was calling his parents all of the time, which wasn't the norm. They said that when they would ask him, he would say that he was so tired. Always so tired. And now he is at rest. Wow.

With everything going on, I forgot that my birthday is next week! Yeah for me! Prom isn't until the week after, so I kind of was remembering the date wrong. But no, next Thursday I'll be 36. I'm so lucky!

7 comments:

virginiavalle.blogspot.com said...

Karianne,thank you very much for the visit,but who is your friend :)???Im curious???
Well the blog links is a little mess now ;), I need to write very well the name, I made a blog for the links because the list was growing :D and welcome.
Take care

alisonwonderland said...

i've been thinking about you and about the death of M. i'm glad the funeral was a good experience for his family and friends - i always look to the Lord to turn bad things into good things.

hugs,
alison :o)

Anonymous said...

Hello Karianne

H-Bday for the next week.Glad both of you enjoy the blog I m pretty sure your friend is a talented artist.
Please send to your friend my regards too
I wish a wonderful week!!
Take care. :)

BLAZER PROPHET said...

As a verteran of many a root canal surgery, you have my deepest sympathy.

Mary said...

Well, I'm glad that your tooth is better!

It's also nice to hear that they celebrated M at his service, and were happy that he was finally at rest.

Happy early 36th! Woohoo! Always remember: At least Mert is a year older than me. :D LOL!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your root canal went allright! I know how painfull it can be, my dad had his wisdom teeth impacted and had them all extracted at the same time.

That's wonderful that M's funeral was a celebration for family and friends.
Happy early Birthday to you!Any plans yet?

Unknown said...

I've never had a root canal, so I cannot sympathize with you, but it sounds like you're feeling better since you've had it. :)