Surprize Pregnancy Blog

Yep, we were shocked. Please check out my pregnancy blog at http://redgrapefruitsegments.blogspot.com/

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Have You Waited Long Enough? Pt 1

A few months ago, as I was driving to work, I was stopped frequently at a light at an intersection that I don't normally spend too much time at. I found myself looking around and noticed the Royal Bridal and Tux Shop. In the window was the most gorgeous gown in a color that they call "orchid" or something like that. For weeks I sat at that light, looking at that beautiful gown, thinking about why someone would buy something like that. When I would drive away, I kept the gown in my mind. And after a couple of weeks, I got sad.

I called my sister at work and said, "I'm so sad that this part of my life is over. No more proms, formals or weddings. And if you are lucky enough to be asked to be in someone's wedding, you don't get to pick your own dress or the color. I just can't believe that I won't be buying any more beautiful dresses." And I stayed sad. And I didn't buy the dress.

Fast forward to around Christmas time. I was looking through a consignment shop by my house, rifling through their pretty gowns that were gently worn. The price tags were so reasonable, less than $50 each, but I had no where to wear them. What would the point be in buying one?

And then I had an idea. And I called my sister again.

I told her, "I"m having prom for my birthday this year!"

She said, "Hmmm. Okay?", very hesitantly.

So here is how, Karianne's Birthday Prom & Fundraiser was born.

Next up : Planning, sort of

7 comments:

KrayonKel said...

What a TERRIFIC idea!!!!

I can't wait to hear more details.

Buttercup said...

Do the boys have to wear tuxes?

alisonwonderland said...

anxiously awaiting part 2!

Anonymous said...

I like that idea. Can't wait to hear about Part 2!
The last time I wore a nice dress, was for a New Years Eve party almost 10years ago. I don't get dressed up anymore either. It is sad.

Mary said...

I love that idea! I can't wait to hear more either! :D

writex3 said...

Karianne, how many times have I pounded my computer desk in anguish that I live so darn far away from you?

No fair, I wanna come!

Unknown said...

That really is a great idea! I miss wearing all the pretty dresses, too. :)