Surprize Pregnancy Blog

Yep, we were shocked. Please check out my pregnancy blog at http://redgrapefruitsegments.blogspot.com/

Monday, December 11, 2006

On The Mend

After continuing bad news through the weekend and avoiding the computer, I woke up with a sore throat and sent the kids to day care with a note that I would have my phone off to rest and to call my sister as an emergency contact.

Well, with that message, my sister freaked and went to my mom's house. My sister said that I had been sad everytime she talked to me since Friday and then with the weird note about my phone being turned off, she was really worried. My mom then drove over here and just about busted down my door. When I opened it in my robe and unshowered, my mom asked, "What's going on?" I said, "I'm sick." She then asked, "What kind of sick?" And then I started crying, saying that I missed Dad. Then she cried, led me to the couch, held my hand and had me start talking. And boy did I talk. And cry.

This weekend I had another incident with Chris' mom that was the straw that broke my reserves. I'll have to write about that another time.

This afternoon my Nana sent me flowers since I was feeling "blue". After a day of pure love and rest, I think that I'm getting my perspective back.

7 comments:

Shelby said...

Hey there. Sounds like you're having a tough go right now. I'm so sorry. I hope you find some comfort knowing many people care about you - and your family and friends. I do hope you feel better soon. Take care and get plenty of rest. I like the idea of just staying at home and resting while it's quiet. I do that alot and it's a wonderful thing actually. It helps me regenerate for the awfully busy other 19 days of every week. Yep, that's what I said, that's what it feels like anyway. I'll check back. :)

Elle said...

I have a poem today you may like . . .
http://thereasonable.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Karianne, I'm so sorry you are having a rough time right now, especially around the holidays. Sounds like you have a wonderful family that lovesa and cares for you to run right over to see how you are. I hope you feel better soon.

writex3 said...

Oh, Karianne, I'm sorry times have been hard for you.

Ms. Kathleen said...

What a heart felt post. You are very much in my prayers. Bless Your Sweet Heart.

Ms. Kathleen said...

What a heart felt post. You are very much in my prayers. Bless Your Sweet Heart.

Ms. Kathleen said...

What a heart felt post. You are very much in my prayers. Bless Your Sweet Heart.