Surprize Pregnancy Blog

Yep, we were shocked. Please check out my pregnancy blog at http://redgrapefruitsegments.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Did I Speak Too Soon?

Yesterday we had a freak warm snap which continued today. I really realized how warm it got when I went out to the garage for soy milk and found our recently purchased 6 half gallons spoiled into mayo like consistency. Gross!

Today I came home to no electricity in the south side of our living room and kitchen. Our electrician is on the way out tomorrow morning and I have the breaker switched over. My best friend Joe and his wife also have an older home like ours, and when I called him to tell him what was going on, he freaked and said that I probably had a short along the circuit somewhere and could've burned the house down! So, in all actuality, we are very lucky.

For tonight there will be no tree lights, no porch light, no chandelier or entryway light, no main kitchen light and no television or dvd! We do have heat and power to the appliances which is great! Could you imagine what a task that would be?

Anyway, with all of this, my mind is still well and I've got a firm hold on what is important. I love this time of year!

1 comment:

Lady Jane said...

I love this time of year too! All the Christmas decorations and baking and cooking and Jesus! :) Now I'm on Christmas break! Hooray!

I hope your power is back on!