Surprize Pregnancy Blog

Yep, we were shocked. Please check out my pregnancy blog at http://redgrapefruitsegments.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The waiting game in a pig sty

My friend Ang emailed me today and offered to call for my mri results for me. So sweet! I didn't take her up on it because I'm really thinking that no news is good news as far as I'm concerned and I'm still putting my head in the sand. I guess that I've gotten used to the mystery and will call when I can't take it anymore. I'm quite good at denial, and there are times that I move super slowly. This just may be one of those times. You should have seen me when I had to get an HIV test. Lord, that took me forever. And then one day, I just up and did it. That was it. It just takes me a while to get ready.

This house is a pit! I've been real busy at the office and the spa. I don't know how normal, workaday women take care of their lives. It is a puzzle to me and I wonder about it a lot. That being said, I'm taking tomorrow to clean and do laundry. But the way that I do chores is very gentle on my time, so don't feel too sorry for me.

Our postplacement visit went great. Bec poured on the charm. I'm sad that it was our last time with Marilyn. She is a godsend! I wish that she could do every adoptive parents' home study. And I hate company. I could have her over on my worst day and she would make me feel like the best mom ever. Yesterday, I didn't even really clean. I had warned her about the state of the house before she showed up, and she told me that she doesn't look at that when she comes out and I should know that by now. It only took me 4 visits to not knock myself out.

Everyone is sleeping and I think that I will try to join them.

No comments: