Surprize Pregnancy Blog

Yep, we were shocked. Please check out my pregnancy blog at http://redgrapefruitsegments.blogspot.com/

Friday, January 14, 2011

I ended up

staying home tonight instead of going to the away game. It's the first of Jax's games that I missed this season. I gave myself the goal of going to all of them, but tonight's transportation ended up being weird. So, I brought Ivy home and we tried out these whole wheat chocolate chip cookies. They turned out very good!

3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 package (9 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips 1.5 C


Heat oven to 375ºF.
Mix sugars, butter, vanilla and egg in large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff). Stir in chocolate chips. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.

We baked ours for only 5 minutes as we like our cookies underdone.

No comments: