- I am so thankful that ivy is not going fishing today. I was an internal nervous wreck, but knew that she would enjoy herself. But still, having her be on a boat with someone I don't feel 150% comfortable with would have been torture. At least I have more time now to get used to the idea.
- And although it is weird to think that I was actually being risky in letting her go on this fishing trip, it was nice to trust Chris' opinion, and nice to not have to go through with it and still look all supportive, even when on the inside I was very doubtful
- I spent the whole afternoon alone with Becken at the pool and I am so thankful to be around this kid. He and I have been having some discipline issues, so spending time with just him in a totally fun manner was healing to both of us. And it was a good thing for Ivy too, to realize that although she gets to go and do fun things (like go to my mom's every Friday) that we continue to do fun things with out her. the realization hit her like a ton of bricks, and I supported her feelings. It was an awareness that she had to have sooner than later.
- I texted Chris a very supportive and spontaneous message today and it made me feel good about being a wife. I need to do that more often.
- this gym membership has been one of the best things ever. I had no idea how much I missed swimming on a regular basis. When I leave the pool, I get a little sad. But then I realize that I get to come back whenever I want. It feels like Christmas every day.
- Henry spent the afternoon riding around with our sitter running her errands and going visiting to friends. I was once again reminded of how different having this 3rd baby is. Ivy didn't ride in a car without her parents for the first year of her life at least! When people ask me to take Henry, I just say, "let me get his seat" :)
- I've been pretty disappointed in the response to MJ's death. I've seen so many comments about him that are disrespectful and downright mean and rude. Regardless of your personal opinion people, please realize that this man was a father, son, sibling and friend. Have some compassion. That being said, there were times today while driving around that I thought, "Wow, I'm hearing a lot of Michael Jackson today." because I'd forgotten that he had died.
Saturday, June 27, 2009
Saturday Morning Seven
Sixteen things on my mind this very early morning or very late night.
at 2:00 AM