Surprize Pregnancy Blog

Yep, we were shocked. Please check out my pregnancy blog at http://redgrapefruitsegments.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Crazy Day Tuesday

My day started off with an appointment for my annual. I don't normally have an issue with a Pap test and such, so I wasn't too anxious. Although, this is a new practitioner for me, but she came so highly recommended that I wasn't that anxious at all.

Well, she was nice as could be and I came in armed as always with a huge list of questions. Here are the outcomes of the appointment:

*I have a mammogram and ultra sound scheduled on Fri for both breasts. I have multiple cysts in my L breast that I've had biopsied (not fun) and my R breast has been feeling just a bit weird to me, so I'm having them both checked out.

*After the results of those tests come back, she can write referrals for me to a breast surgeon and to a plastic surgeon for two reasons that I brought up today. First of all, with all of the cysts in my L breast, I want them removed so that they don't cover up anything new that I might miss. Secondly, I want a reduction done on both breasts since I'm huge (for me) since I had Ivy. Although my weight does go up and down, my huge breasts stay the same and I'm pretty upset about it. Especially since I have headaches, back and neck tension now that I never had before!

*She couldn't do my Pap today because she thinks that I have a bacterial infection that may have turned into a pelvic infection. I knew there was something going on! She started me on a new med that I haven't had before and will see me again in 2 weeks to do the pap if the infection has cleared.

*I always have blood work done for ovarian cancer. I got the paperwork for that blood draw today and will go into the lab this week.

*Now for the unsettling news. She found an icky mole on my back that she wants checked right away. It's weird because at the pool last month my uncle, Chris and my sister all brought up the same mole. I thought that it was one that I have checked every year that looks really bad, but is actually something not to worry about. Not even a mole! Yet, when she brought it up today, my anxiety flew through the roof! Yikes!

*Ivy had a dermatologist appt for next week that I'm taking instead to get that mole checked out. I also got put on their cancellation list, just in case I can get in sooner. I hope that it all turns out fine, but I'm freaking all the same!

Today was the day that I was able to add in my friend's housekeeping services since Chris was so impressed with what we did last week. We worked our tails off again and the house is totally shaping up! It is looking great around here. I won't even list all that was done, but believe me, it was a lot of work for 2 women in 2 hours!

4 comments:

Recy Vintage & Creations said...

Oh my goodness! Keep me posted on all of it and, as always, I will be sending good vibes your way and keeping you in my prayers.

xoxoxo,

KB

KrayonKel said...

I had an awful experience last year. Uck! I hope the next time I go it will be much better. I definitely won't go back to the same doctor.

Pretty Momma said...

I am so sorry that your appointment went so icky! :( That really sucks.

I will be praying that the infection goes away quickly, and that the mole turns out to be okay.

Hooray for all the housecleaning!

*HUGS*

Anonymous said...

Ugh, that's a lot of waiting and wondering. Thinking of you!