Surprize Pregnancy Blog

Yep, we were shocked. Please check out my pregnancy blog at http://redgrapefruitsegments.blogspot.com/

Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Boy Says

Alright, this kid is really starting to speak his mind.

When I picked him up from the center today one of my cousin's told me that he said
"I don't know" (sounds like 'I un OH') and then "Leave me alone" (ee ee own) This is one of his sister's favorite statements of all time.

I just looked into the kitchen, where he climbed on the table, where he KNOWS he isn't supposed to. He looks at me, smiles, points, and says, "Get down!!" clear as day.

At least I know he can hear.

And what is it with my kids anyway? The girl's first word was "Don't" Very quietly and very directly, "Don't"

5 comments:

alisonwonderland said...

i love children's first words and early statements! they really helped me see who these little people are who have been entrusted to my care. for example, Sugar Bear's first word was "hi" - such a reflection of his personality. :o)

KrayonKel said...

Over Christmas, my nephew Connor would just say, "No."

No to toys, no to cookies, no to hugs.

He's gotten better now, I hear. Too bad he lives so far away. :(

Unknown said...

Even the frustrated stories from parents make me excited to have children. I don't have any of my own, but the DH has two teenagers who are VERY good (I'm very lucky).

He said the boy's first word was "dad" and the girl's first word was "dad."

I'm not sure I believe him. :)

5KidMom said...

Such personality!! I'm pretty sure that personality comes part from genes, but more from environment. I wonder where they get their strong wills?! 8^)

BlueBugg said...

those first attempts at real "conversation" are just precious :) :) Even now I love to listen to the spin my boys put on some every day sayings :) The other day my 5 year old came to me and said "Mummy....I hate to have to tell you this, but your going to have to borrow my toothpaste...cause your's is all gone". He said it so dramatically too! lol. I don't even recall using that one around him...I'm the most likely culprit though ;)