Surprize Pregnancy Blog

Yep, we were shocked. Please check out my pregnancy blog at http://redgrapefruitsegments.blogspot.com/

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Kids Do Not Help Insomnia

Yes, it is 336 am here in my house. Yes, I've been up for a couple of hours with the cutest little son I've ever had. We tried gas drops, bouncing, Baby Einstein, baby food and bottles. Finally through sheer exhaustion he crashed and let me put him down on the couch. Call it mama intuition. I was invited out tonight for a night on the town with 2 of my girls. Daddy is sick with the crud and we are hoping that the kiddos and mommy don't catch it as well. I kept thinking that after I got the kids to sleep, I'd don on some dancing clothes and meet up with them. For some reason, although I REALLY wanted to go, I knew that I should stay home just in case since hiphusband wasn't really up to snuff. Yes, I know, I'm mother of the year!

Kept up on my perm today which is such a success for me. I normally just put it off forever because I'm so cheap. Not this quarter! As soon as I noticed that I was using more conditioner, more leave in conditioner and more gel, I called to get in. I was really sporting a huge triangle 'do with straggley pieces underneath, so my hair has only been in a messy pony outside of the house. It looks so much better, but I stink. And will for 3 days.

Speaking of hair, I chopped Ivy's hair yesterday. It needed it so bad, that my bad hack job is an improvement. We had hipsister Landi video Ivy's first viewing day at dance class. Knowing Ivy, we knew that if Chris or I set foot in the studio, she wouldn't do what she was supposed to, so we sent Tia in our stead. And she actually got some video. The first time through the song, Ivy was typical Ivy and just stood there. But she stood there instead of running around crazy. The second time around she actually did some of the dance routine. Nice to know our $120 so far has been put to some use, besides just causing me to run around like a head with my chicken cut off every Saturday morning.

Good thing that I don't have to work until 11 today.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Hi, Karianne! I love your new blog, and your photo is really pretty. I hope that everyone at your house will get/stay healthy this week.