Surprize Pregnancy Blog

Yep, we were shocked. Please check out my pregnancy blog at http://redgrapefruitsegments.blogspot.com/

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Extremely Irritated & MRI News

OK, the Cougs pissed me off. I spent the final fourth quarter in the bathroom straightening my hair because I was so mad and didn't know what else to do. My hair does look really good though. I haven't had it straight in who knows how long. Once I had it all done, I look so much like my little sister Dallas. I tried to take some pics, but they all made my face look like a frog, so I'm going to have Chris try again tomorrow.

I am going in on Monday at 1115 for a brain mri. My friend Teresa is going to drive me so I can take a tranquilizer before they put me in the tube. It will be nice to know that she is there.

As far as the MRI is concerned, here is the history:

Nov 1, 2005 I woke up with severe vertigo. Puking, couldn't walk, in bed for 4 days. Doc said that it is very common, will clear up in a few weeks.

Dec 05, another attack. Bedridden for 2 days.

Improving vertigo and ear pain/pressure but still can't turn my head to the L while laying down. Brings on bad bed spins.

Have sinus surgery in April 06, better for 5 days.

Have allergy testing in Aug 06, allergic to absolutely everything. Tons of meds. Still have vertigo.

Doc says that to practice safe medicine I should have a brain MRI. Is totally not concerned, although at this point I am somewhat of a basket case...At the same office, using the same machine a year and a half ago, we found out that my dad was riddled with tumors and was terminal with pancreatic cancer. So, not good memories in that waiting room! I feel better that it will be just Teresa and me. With my dad all of my brothers, sisters, moms and various aunts and uncles were there. If I would fill the room with visitors tomorrow, it would be way too Twilight Zone-y. Plus, last November I had to have 2 biopsies on my left breast in the same clinic. Bonny drove me and came with me and those turned out great, so I'm hoping for a repeat performance!

So that's that!

Remember 1115 Monday! Please send prayers, good vibes, whatever my way while I'm in the magnetic burrito!

I'll let you know the results asap, but with Thanksgiving week, I don't really know when that will be.

Love,

K

1 comment:

writex3 said...

You know I'm with you in MRI solidarity.

Be strong. Your friend's sweet visit yesterday must have been a good omen for today (-: